Beginner App Inventor
Updated 10 months ago
- These cards are going to introduce you to App Inventor. You're going to get the chance to:
- learn to build apps for Android phones and tablets
- build a quiz that keeps score as the player goes through it
- use any questions and answers you like, maybe about your favourite band, a sport you play, movies or a tv show you love. I'm going to do mine on dogs (I like dogs).
- You'll end up with something that looks like this (though you can play around with colours and adding images to brighten it up if you like!).
- If you want to follow along with me, you're welcome to, if not then wherever I have a dog themed question, you'll have to come up with your own question, the right answer, and some answers that sound right! If you're going to make your own quiz, have a think about that now and maybe brainstorm out some ideas with the other Ninjas in your Dojo about what kind of questions you should have.
- Once you've learned these techniques, you can apply them to create more than just a quiz! These same coding tools can be used to make a complete interactive story, or to build a calculator, or a whole bunch of other cool apps.