"tl;dr for d3.js"
tld3.js is a lightweight library that makes building d3.js graphs much simpler. It abstracts the intricacies of d3.js while harnessing the power of its data-driven DOM manipulation.
tl;dr: Creating a bar chart in tld3.js is as simple as:
// tl;dr :)
Why use tld3.js?
- Powerful: tld3.js rides on d3.js's powerful visualization and data-driven DOM manipulation capabilities
- Easy-to-use: tld3.js offers an extremely simple and expressive syntax
- Flexible: tld3.js is flexible enough to work with several different data formats, including csv, tsv, JSON and even Firebase!
- Customizable: The API offers various ways to customize the charts to best suit your needs
- Minimal API surface area: tld3.js only requires that you learn a handful of methods before you're on your way to making beautiful graphs
- tl;dr: Tooltips and transitions automagically included!
What is tld3.js not good for?
- Complex physics based d3.js components or animations
- Brushing, zooming and filtering of selections using built in stateful d3 tools
- Anything that requires a lot of DOM mutation, events, timers or internal state
We currently support the following types of charts:
- Bar chart
- Left bar chart
- Line chart
- Multi-line chart
- Area chart
- Scatter chart
- Donut chart
We hope you enjoy tld3.js. We'd love to answer any questions, fix any bugs and add additional features!